Thursday 28 October 2010

Hansel and Gretel

Here is the image I recently created for the Southbank Centre to illustrate a performance of Hansel and Gretel by the kneehigh theatre that will be on over the Christmas period. The Kneehigh are actually based about ten minuets down the road from me, sadly I have not seen the production because it looks great from the snippets that I have caught on youtube ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoCYIReswsA

'full of merry grotesquerie' said the Guardian ... words I am certainly happy to read in any brief.


A little explanation for anyone who knows the play. Hansel should be holding the encyclopaedia and indeed in the version that will be used he is, I have just swapped it in my folio version for aesthetic purposes ... sorry Hansel!

No comments:

Post a Comment